The following is my own response on the lobste.rs’ thread - Recommended readings for a recent CS graduate , saved here for reference purposes.
Things you can consider - (in no particular order)
- Start following the morning paper - small pieces of wisdom that you can accumulate everyday
- Some book recommendations that every programmer should read - previous lobsters thread. Do check out [email protected]’s response.
- You will surely find something interesting to pick at HackerNewsBooks book aggregator - alongside some fiction/non-fiction too.
[NOTE - The site’s aggregation functionality has been down for a while]The site is back up now.
- Follow PapersWeLove
Some of my personal favourites here
- A Reading List for Computer Scientists
- What Every Programmer Should Know About Memory
- Brendan Gregg’s Book List
- Good books for Deep Hacks
- 11 Books All Software Engineers Must Read
- Books I recommend by Jessie Frazelle
- The Books That Every Programmer Should Read