Despite some bad experiences, 2016 has been a beautiful year - for having realized that books can be a great way to have fun, learn stuff, gain exposure and grow! Over the past 12 months, I might have bookmarked close to a 100 books, but never actually got the time to finish many. Most of them picked from the lists I found on social media. Here are few of those lists that piqued my interest - in a variety of subjects. I hope to complete a few this year and I guess you’ll be equally interested in doing that too!
- From startups to spaceships: Ten top books for geeks to read in 2017
- Holiday guide to science books about life, the universe and everything
- YC’s Winter Reading List.
- Neuroscientist Sam Harris Selects 12 Books Everyone Should Read
- Bill Gates’ Favorite Books of 2016
- Top 29 books mentioned in Hacker News comments
- The 30 Best Young Adult Books of All Time
- Mozilla’s Geek Book List
- 21 books Warren Buffett thinks you should read
Update - March 17, 2018
Over two years, I was able to take up very little in book reading. Not sure if I feel happy or sad at this moment. Nonetheless, I managed to collect more book lists. Some of them with some really great content.
- Lobsters’ thread on 2017’s best books. If you find it tedious to go over, a compilation of the same in my blog here.
- 100 best Nonfiction books of all time
- 30 Self-Help Books That Permanently Changed My Life
- Derek Siver’s book list - Really recommend going over this list if you haven’t already. Accompanied by book notes, books in his list will help your mind see a new spectrum of things.